Get BookDark Free eBooks iOS App
Read hundreds of curated ebooks with BookDark library. Easily navigate popular books, novels, authors and tags to find and save your favorite books for offline reading..
BookDark is a library with curated ebooks from the public domain. The minimalist design makes it easy to browse by popular books, authors, or content tags from any selection. Offline reading means that once you open a book, it is downloaded to your library and available for reading at any time.
The app home screen lists popular, classic works and is an excellent place to start browsing. Every book you open is stored in your library, and you can adjust the reading settings to change the font size of the books and switch between dark mode and classic white mode.
- Every book you start reading will automatically be saved in your Library. Every book in your library is downloaded and available for offline reading.
- The “Popular” menu shows classic and famous books, such as Pride and Prejudice, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Frankenstein, The Prophet, Emma, The Odyssey, A Tale of Two Cities, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Beowulf, Moby Dick, The Scarlet Letter, Sherlock Holmes, The Yellow Wallpaper and many others.
- The “Authors” menu shows the most popular authors whose books you can find on the app. Click on the author’s name to view a list of all of that author’s works available on BookDark. Author selections include Mark Twain, Frederick Douglass, Edith Wharton, Washington Irving, Harriet Jacobs, Mary Shelley, Kahlil Gibran, Jane Austen, Homer, Charles Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, Lewis Carroll, and many others.
- The “Tags” menu allows you to browse based on popular content tags, such as “short stories,” “friendship, “poetry,” “love stories,” or “science fiction.” Once you tap on a tag, you can see all of the books connected to that tag.
- The intuitive, minimalist functions make it easy to jump between titles, authors, and tags to explore the ocean of books available until you find something you’d like to save to your library.
- Once you tap on a book, you will see the “Book Info” page. This displays the title, author, language, content tags, and a description of the book. Simply tap “Start Reading” to open the book in the eBook reader.
- Once you open the book, it will be automatically downloaded to your device and saved in your Library.
- From the eBook reader, access the table of contents to jump to specific chapters. You can turn pages using the arrow buttons, or by swiping.
- Access your Library by clicking on the stack of books icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Delete books from your library at any time.
- Use the “Settings” page to adjust the font size and switch Dark Mode on and off in the eBook reader.
- BookDark quickly loads your books so you can start reading easily.